Raised Rs. 9,31,000 with the help of 217 supporters.
Thank you for your interest in this fundraiser. We are SauraMandala, a group of like minded people who intend on picking up causes that bring about long lasting change and impact into society.
Find us on Facebook at – www.facebook.com/sauramandala.in
As our pilot project we aim to
‘Provide a reliable solar grid to power smart classrooms at Haji Public School,Breswana’.
Haji Public School is located in Breswana, a high altitude agrarian Himalayan village in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The school caters to the students in the region and surrounding villages and currently educates about 350 first generation learners in its three branches. The school runs a successful volunteer program to be able to impart education to the students.
Why Breswana and Haji Public School?
– We have been previous volunteers at the school and have faced all the problems first hand. It is also our personal effort to give back to the school and village.
More details at www.hajipublicschool.org
What is SauraMandala?
-SauraMandala is a group of people who want to be the change they want to see.
– Right now it is three people
Nagakarthik – Electrical engineer by education, ex-volunteer at Haji Public School and has experience with solar energy for remote communities and regions for about 2 years now.
Prateek – Computer Science engineer by education, ex-volunteer at Haji Public School and is extremely passionate about societal development.
Keerthi – Mechanical engineer by education, ex-CISCO and is an avid traveler with his heart set on bring about change in society.
More at www.facebook.com/sauramandala.in
What is the scope of the project?
– To provide a solar powered grid at each of the three branches of Haji Public School.
– To setup smart screens with educational content to aid volunteers and local teachers in classrooms.
What challenges will you be addressing?
– To address the lack of dependable electricity to light up classrooms and run labs due to the terrain, weather and power cuts.
– To aid the volunteers to use audiovisual aids in classrooms to explain concepts better to these kids who have had limited exposure to the world outside.
– To introduce the kids to the internet and experiential learning.
What are the challenges you will face?
– Breswana is not connected by road, this makes it difficult to transport materials, all the components will have to be transported on horseback or carried up.
Isn’t it cold there, will solar panels work?
– The region receives abundant sunlight during the months that the school is operational ( March to December)
How will I know where my money is going?
– We believe in complete transparency and will follow the same for the project. There will be frequent updates both from our end and the school to keep us accountable. We are happy to address any concerns that you may have, please feel free to contact us. You can find a rough breakup of costs here.
Is this a one time gig?
No. We plan to learn from this project and replicate it in different regions. We also plan to expand to more community level projects in the regions that we work in.
Why don’t you approach a corporate sponsor instead?
We would love to work with a mix of corporate and individual sponsors for our projects, we believe that joint efforts will have more impact. If you are a corporate who shares the vision and want to get involved, please contact us, we would love to work with you.
We are proud to announce our campaign partner Tespack, from Spain. Do check them out, they have some amazing products and have done some stellar work in different parts of the world.
If you or anyone you know, is struggling to pay for their education, go ahead and start a fundraiser on Ketto.